This is coolbert:
Continuing that situation in Kirkuk and the semi-autonomous regions. The Iraqi National Army and Kurdish peshmerga militia at odds with one another:
1. "Kirkuk: US appeals for calm as allies clash in Iraq - CNN - CNN.com"
"4 hours ago - Baghdad, Iraq (CNN)The United States has made an urgent call for calm in northern Iraq as Kurdish fighters and Iraqi forces -- two of Washington's key allies in the region -- clash over disputed territory. Iraqi forces seized the coveted oil-rich city of Kirkuk on Monday after ..."
2. "US military rushes to defuse looming crisis in Kirkuk after Iraqi army ..."
"1 day ago - Iraqi forces patrol in the streets after they retake the control of the city center from peshmerga forces in Kirkuk, Iraq, on Monday."
3. "Kirkuk: Iraqi forces seize largest oilfields near city - BBC News"
"13 hours ago - Iraqi government forces have taken control of the two largest oilfields near the disputed city of Kirkuk after Kurdish forces left the area."
4. "Kirkuk: The city that highlights Iraq's war within a war - BBC News"
"7 hours ago - Over the last week, Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) have redeployed into the capital and oilfields of Iraq's Kirkuk province for the first time since the ..."
5. "Iraqi Forces Sweep Into Kirkuk, Checking Kurdish Independence Drive ..."
"2 days ago - Three weeks after the Kurds voted for independence, Iraqi forces overtook the Kurdish-held city of Kirkuk and its valuable oil fields on Monday."
Push has already come to shove. We hope for nothing beyond that. Too much is at stake here. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.