Saturday, December 23, 2017
Yet another extract with commentary from "The Reader's Companion to Military History". A listing of:
"The Ten Most Important Sea Battles."
* Salamis. [Athenian/Persian]
* Actium. [Roman Civil War]
* Defeat of the Spanish Armada. [English/Spanish]
* Virginia Capes. [English/French]
* Trafalgar. [English/Spanish-French]
* Tsushima. [Japan/Russia.]
* Jutland. [WW1]
* Battle of the North Atlantic. [WW2]
* Midway. [WW2]
* Leyte Gulf. [WW2]
American involvement 2 1/2! NOT so bad. The United States normally agreed by the experts is a naval power rather than a land power. Two oceans, global reach and all that.
Personally I would have included Lepanto.
HORATIO NELSON THAT ONLY MAJOR MILITARY COMMANDER OTHER THAN ALEXANDER NEVER TO HAVE BEEN DEFEATED.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment