This is coolbert:
As was noted in a previous blog entry:
"The death toll rose to 57 with more than 100 injured Sunday from the two car bombs that exploded Sunday morning in the center of the city of Homs in central Syria - the city's deadliest suicide bombing in recent years."
Homs! Third largest city in all of Syria. Much of the urban landscape now in ruins and desolation. NOT merely from the latest Islamic State suicide bombing but from five continuous years of civil war.
Without further adieu and from a variety of sources both photo-essay and slide showing the ruins of Homs on display:
1. "Rare photos from Homs, Syria"
2. "Syria in pictures: On the front line in Damascus and Homs as refugees flee"
3. "These Stunning Images Depict The Destruction Of Homs, Syria's Third Largest City"
4. "Syria's heritage in ruins: before-and-after picture"
5. "Rubble and sad remembrance greet Syrians returning to Homs – in picture"
Ruins of a modern city as a result of urban combat those images a topic to which this blog is not a stranger. See those blog entries for Grozny here, here, here and here.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment