This is coolbert:
NATO allies Germany and the United States at odds, that response to the Ukraine crisis being considered and all options on the table. Germany again ADAMANT that no weaponry being provided to the central government of the Ukraine in Kiev.
From the Wall Street Journal:
"UKRAINE: Six Ways to Help Ukraine Resist Russia’s Latest Invasion"
WAYS as not to include military hardware. Continued and more effective and intense sanctions.
"Jan. 25, President Obama stated Separatists in Ukraine had 'Russian backing, Russian equipment, Russian financing, Russian training and Russian troops,' and that he will 'look at all additional options that are available short of military confrontation to address this issue.'”
. . . .
"... six recommendations, some U.S. can do alone and others with European and other allies":
• "Mr. Obama should reverse his single-biggest mistake: refusal to provide Ukraine with military help."
• "NATO and U.S. need to release publicly much more evidence about Russian forces inside Ukraine and attacking it from outside..."
• "Add Gazprom, the Russian energy company, and its head Alexei Miller, to sanctions list..."
• "Exclude Russia from global system to process payments—known as Swift..."
• "Russian officials at highest levels should be added to Western visa ban and asset-freeze lists..."
• "Mr. Putin’s latest moves should end careless talk about easing sanctions against his regime..."
EVERYBODY AGREES [?] THAT SOME SORT OF ADDITIONAL ACTION MUST BE TAKEN WITH REGARD TO THE SITUATION IN THE UKRAINE? AND EACH AND EVERY MOVE EVEN THOSE OF A NON-MILITARY NATURE ARE ALL FRAUGHT WITH GREAT DANGER!
I might like to think too that "military help" weaponry only and NOT personnel.
It also essential that those constituent members of NATO must not squabble and bicker among themselves as to the correct course of action to take! And unilateral action not desirable but sometimes necessary. Well, that is why you are elected President! To make such decisions.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment