This is coolbert:
From the prior blog entry:
"'Burma is building secret nuclear reactor and plutonium plant under northern mountain with North Korean help.'
'This too is surprising?'"
NOT so surprising to the major heavy hitters in the current U.S. administration. Persons who are policy and decision makers at the highest level have had their eye on this nexus between North Korea and Burma and ARE AWARE OF COLLABORATION BETWEEN THE TWO OUTLAW REGIMES. COLLABORATION IN THE AREA OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!
1. "Clinton Warns of Nuclear Ties Between Burma, North Korea "
This from most recently: [22 July 2009]
"U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says the Obama administration is concerned about the possible transfer of nuclear technology from North Korea to Burma."
"any military ties between the authoritarian regimes of North Korea and Burma would pose a direct threat to Burma's neighbors."
"it is important for Burma's neighbors to pose a united front against a possible Burma-North Korea military alliance."
2. "Burma suspected of forming nuclear link with North Korea"
• "Hillary Clinton warns of military co-operation between regimes [North Korea and Burma]"
• "Proliferation experts track purchases of suspicious equipment"
A variety [?] of intelligence agencies have spotted trouble? "Worrying signs" do exist, to include:
* "The Burmese military has been doing business with a North Korean company that specialises in nuclear technology."
* "The junta [Burmese] has also made suspicious purchases of sophisticated dual-use equipment."
* "A North Korean ship suspected of heading to Burma with an unknown cargo turned back after being shadowed by American warships earlier this month."
* "Finally, reports have emerged of a secret visit by senior Burmese officials to North Korea late last year."
American intelligence agencies and the intelligence agencies of other friendly nations [??] are on the ball about this? This is intelligence work as it is supposed to be done! First-rate, high-grade intelligence being presented to the decision and policy makers well in advance of any crisis. "Measures" and "steps" can be taken well in advance to forestall dire and not foreseen consequences!
Burma, generally considered to be a third-world nation [is that term used any more, third-world?] does have considerable assets for trade on the world market, raw materials and precious gems. Resources are available for operating on a scale hitherto deemed not possible or even not desired?
ONLY SEVERAL YEARS AGO THE BURMESE JUNTA ABANDONED THE LONG-TIME CAPITAL CITY OF RANGOON AND BUILT A NEW CAPITAL CITY FAR INLAND, ABOUT TWO-HUNDRED MILES UP RIVER [IRRAWADDY], IN THE HOPE OF PREVENTING AN AMPHIBIOUS LANDING BY U.S. MARINES!!
The building of the new capital city was done for A GOOD REASON NOT PROPERLY DISCERNED AT THE TIME!!??