This is coolbert:
Hey! I thought the Islamic State was "down-and-out, on-the-ropes" and all that. And then you read this:
1. "250 Syrians missing after ISIS attack Damascus"
250 Syrian civilians are feared kidnapped after an attack by ISIS on a
cement factory east of Damascus, residents told AFP on Thursday."
taking of hostages for ransom or to be used as human shields either a
violation of the laws of land warfare or a crime against humanity. BUT
WHO EVER SAID THAT ISIL EVER FOLLOWED THE RULES? NO ONE!
has begun releasing 170 cement workers it kidnapped outside Damascus,
human rights group claims – contradicting reports that the civilians had
* "175 of the 300 cement workers feared to have been executed by ISIS"
* "Extremists seized the labourers from an area to the northeast of Damascus"
* "Taken near spot where militants had launched an assault on Assad's forces"
* "Hostages are workers and contractors of the Al Badia Cement company"
Perhaps the Shia were separated from the Sunni? The former in for a rough time at the hands of ISIL.