Monday, March 6, 2017
Some military stuff from the blog of Commander Salamander. Thanks to the tip from Nicholas.
"The UK's Military: Withered by Design"
"Russia has sobered everyone up it seems."
"As part of a push this year to increase the military capability of the British military, The Financial Times has gotten hold of a 10-page memo to by General Sir Richard Barrons, recently retired commander of Joint Forces Command (UK)"
IN THE PROVERBIAL NUTSHELL ACCORDING TO SIR RICHARD:
● "There is no military plan to defend the UK in a conventional conflict"
● "A Russian air campaign would quickly overwhelm Britain."
● "Navy ships and RAF planes are often deployed without adequate munitions or protections because they have grown used to depending on US forces to protect and support them."
● "The army is not equipped to fight a rival professional land force and is significantly outgunned by Russia."
● Small numbers of hugely expensive pieces of military equipment make the UK’s capabilities 'extremely fragile'”.
● "Manpower across all the forces is dangerously squeezed."
"RUSSIA HAS SOBERED EVERYONE UP IT SEEMS".
See my previous blog entry the subject of which was in part the manpower shortage:
You the devoted reader to the blog decide this all for yourself.