This is coolbert:
More from the latest edition of the DEBKAfile newsletter.
And also once again in the response to the challenge as posed by the Colonel USMC.
THAT SITUATION VIS-A-VIS THE TURK, THE SDF/YPG NOT SO DIRE. NOT A MILITARY OPERATION ON THE PART OF THE TURK THE OBJECT THE ANNIHILATION OF THE KURD YPG AS WAS FEARED. INTERVENTION OF THE RUSSIAN CRUCIAL.
1. "Russian forces take over America’s N. Syria bases, E. Syrian airspace, and concern for Kurds"
"When President Vladimir Putin meets Recep Erdogan at Sochi on Tuesday, Oct. 22, Russian special forces will be moving into evacuated US positions in N. Syria, including the big Tabqa air base."
"Tabqa can accommodate Russian bombers and air cargoes and is located for complete control of eastern Syria, including the Kurdish regions and the Syrian Iraqi border, excepting only the US garrison at al Tanf which sits athwart the intersection of the Syrian, Iraqi and Jordanian borders."
"This changeover was almost certainly coordinated between Washington and Moscow, like all the military steps emanating from the Turkish operation against the Kurds of N. Syria. With responsibility now for the Kurds, Putin will avoid the charges leveled against Trump of abandoning an ally against ISIS to Turkish genocide."
2. "Putin forces Erdogan to call off Turkey’s operation against the Kurds in NE Syria"
"Six hours of discussion in Sochi ended in a deal between President Vladimir Putin and President Recep Erdogan for a buffer zone, a halt in Turkey’s operation in NE Syria and its pullback from the country,
"Their [Erdogan and Putin] memorandum of understanding has five main points:
1. Russia agreed to remove the Syrian Kurdish YPG militia to beyond 30 km [19 miles] from the Turkish border, after which their troops will jointly patrol a narrow 10km [6 miles] deep 'safe zone.'
2. From Wednesday, Russian military police and Syrian border guards will facilitate the removal of YPG members and weapons to beyond the zone within 150 hours
3. This truce would be extended as of Wednesday noon.
4. Syrian Kurds would remain in Ras al-Ayn and Tal Abyad, which Turkish forces never captured, but leave Tal Rifaat and Manjib.
5. The Turkish army therefore terminates its current operation against the Kurds."
3. "Erdogan notifies Trump that Turkey’s Syria operation is over"
"Turkish president Recep Erdogan informed President Donald Trump on Wednesday, after meeting Russia’ Vladimir Putin, that he has ended his military operation in northern Syria and pulled Turkish troops out. Trump responded by revoking the sanctions applied against Turkey last week, while warning Ankara that the sanctions would snap back with increased harshness if Turkish forces renew their attacks on the Kurds of northern Syria."
SYRIAN KURDISH YPG FIGHTERS REMOVED FROM THE BORDER AREA WITH TURKEY. A BUFFER ZONE CREATED. TURKISH FEARS ALLAYED! IS THIS A BAD THING?