This is coolbert:
Yet still again more another extract with my commentary from the Strategic Outpost column as seen at the Internet web site War on the Rocks.
"HOW TO TALK TO A VETERAN"
By David Barno and Nora Bensahel NOVEMBER 7, 2017
"This Veterans Day, the country will pause to honor those that have served in the U.S. military — including more than 2.7 million veterans of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Yet, as many have noted, fewer than 1 percent of Americans serve in the military today, and they are growing increasingly distinct and isolated from the remaining 99 percent. Most Americans hold the men and women who have fought in these wars in high personal esteem, yet often struggle to connect with this new generation of veterans."
* "Questions to Avoid"
* "Questions to Ask"
* "How to Say 'Thank You'"
* "On the Lighter Side"
* "The Advanced Course: After Your First Conversation"
OTHER THAN WITH OTHER VETERANS I PERSONALLY NEVER HAD A CIVILIAN ASK ME A SINGLE DARN THING ABOUT MY MILITARY SERVICE.