Wednesday, June 20, 2018
What? Me worry?
Yet more, extracts with my commentary from the STRATEGIC OUTPOST column as seen at the War on the Rocks Internet web site.
"Why Americans Aren’t Really Worried About War With North Korea"
By David Barno and Nora Bensahel January 16, 2018
AMERICANS NOT WORRIED ABOUT WAR NORTH KOREA? THEY OUGHT TO BE!
* Misconception #1: The U.S. military is the best in the world, so any war with North Korea will be short and decisive. While the first part of this statement is undoubtedly true, the second part leaps to the wrong conclusion.
* Misconception #2: Few Americans would die in a conventional war with North Korea.
* Misconception #3: War won’t impact Americans at home.
* Misconception #4: War won’t personally touch me or my family.
* Misconception #5: The war will end with the defeat of North Korea.
MORE AMERICAN CASUALTIES PROBABLY IN THE FIRST DAY OF A FULL-SCALE WAR WITH NORTH KOREA THAN KILLED IN GULF WAR ONE, GULF WAR TWO, IRAQI COUNTER-INSURGENCY AND AFGHANISTAN COMBINED!!
OUTCOME OF THE WAR MIGHT AGAIN RESULT IN YET ANOTHER STALEMATE WITH DESTRUCTION ON AN EVEN GREATER LEVEL THAN WAS THE CASE IN THE FIRST KOREAN WAR. [NOTE IT IS SOMEWHAT INCORRECT TO SAY THERE WAS A FIRST KOREAN WAR, FIGHTING ONLY CEASING WITH AN ARMISTICE BUT NOT A PEACE TREATY]