This is coolbert:
Again with extracts, those key points with my commentary from "Strategic Outpost"
"The U.S. Military’s Dangerous Embedded Assumptions"
By David Barno and Nora Bensahel April 17, 2018.
Assumptions embedded and dangerous to include:
* "The U.S. military still knows how to fight a major war."
* "The United States can protect its ground forces from air attack."
* "The U.S. Air Force will be able to fight effectively from contested bases."
* "Stealthy aircraft will remain stealthy"
* "Aircraft carriers can be both effective and survivable"
* "U.S. submarines will remain undetectable."
* "Amphibious operations remain viable."
* "The U.S. military can protect its air and sea logistics pipeline"
* "Advanced U.S. weapons systems will operate effectively under wartime conditions."
* "The U.S. military can keep its secrets."
WITH REGARD TO STEALTH AIRCRAFT, DO NOT THINK STEALTHY WARPLANES ARE TOTALLY INVISIBLE. MERELY LESS VISIBLE. ENEMY REACTION TIME REDUCED SIGNIFICANT FOR EFFECTIVE ACTION TO BE TAKEN.