This is coolbert:
"'Al-Qaeda' attack foiled"
December 27, 2009 [this attack was on Christmas Day, and reported only today! The Dec. 27 date is from the Sydney Morning Herald.]
"A young Nigerian man with reported links to al-Qaeda is under arrest after trying to blow up a US airliner, as authorities worldwide tighten airport security."
"Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, was badly burned when he ignited a sophisticated explosive device on Friday on a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit"
"After his arrest, Abdulmutallab told the authorities that he had used a syringe filled with chemicals to mix with powder taped to his leg"
"Reports said he had boarded the plane on a one-way ticket after flying in from Lagos"
* This attack is indicative of the Al Qaeda type operation? The grand event for maximum publicity. Destroy an airliner over the ocean with an enormous amount of casualties. Attack on THE important holiday [religious too] in the "western" world!
* The stereotypical behavior of the airline attacker was present here? One-way ticket. Connecting flight to avoid security [security in Lagos is non-existent?]
* Detroit too is famous for having the largest American Muslim population in the entire country.
* A new and sophisticated explosive was used here that EVADES all conventional detection. Some sort of powder, carried in a colostomy-type bag, strapped to the leg, the detonation occurring when "chemicals" [a liquid?] are mixed with the powder! Another worry for TSA and other foreign agencies. Peragolic explosives [two liquids inactive when separate but detonating when mixed] have long been a worry of TSA? This powder stuff is something new?
* Attacking an airliner of course has perhaps more than anything else a pronounced psychological effect. All the various measures taken to safeguard the airlines industry and the passengers are all for naught? Such is the impression Al Qaeda wants to create. Terror the intention of which is to terrorize!