This is coolbert:
Doom and gloom type stuff!
"Predictions for 2016" by Elliott Abrams as seen at the Sheldon Adelson Internet web site Israel Hayom.
the end of every year the Council on Foreign Relations[CFR] presents
the result of a survey of foreign policy specialists on what to watch out for in the coming year. It's called the Preventive Priorities Survey [PPS]"
Here are the top items of concern:
• "The intensification of the civil war in Syria"
• "A mass casualty attack on the U.S. homeland or a treaty ally"
• "A highly disruptive cyber attack on critical U.S. infrastructure"
• "A severe crisis with or in North Korea"
• "Political instability in EU countries stemming from the influx of refugees and migrants"
• "Continued political fracturing of Libya"
• "Heightened tensions between Israelis and Palestinians"
• "Intensified political violence in Turkey"
• "Increased political instability in Egypt
• Increased violence and instability in Afghanistan"
• "Continued fracturing of Iraq due to territorial gains by the self-proclaimed Islamic State and ongoing Sunni-Shia sectarian violence"
I merely present for your edification without comment. "Doom and gloom". Has there ever been a time without "doom and gloom"?